Step # 2 - Review the Corps Meetings
Meeting List is an area where you can view current, past and future corps meetings and add/edit/delete a meeting. Information can be searched by specific criteria (i.e., Command, Unit, Meeting Type, Group and Date).
This screen will allow you to view a list of all of the Corps meetings through several filters.
- Command/Unit = If you are a Corps Officer or employee, the Command and Unit will be defaulted for you (if you are at DHQ or THQ, these will appear as drop-down lists).
- Meeting Type = This is a drop-down list to a specific meeting type (i.e., Adult Group, Adult Spiritual Development, etc.).
- Group (if used) = If used, default is 'All.'
- Where the meeting occurs between = By clicking the down arrow a calendar pop-up appears where you can select the date. As well as Last Week, Last Month, and Use NSS.
- Attendance = View the # of meeting attendees.
- Seekers = View the # of seekers. (A seeker is an individual who is interested in pursuing The Salvation Army as a religion).
- Stewardship = View the $ of stewardship funds processed through the meetings in the system.
- Finalized = Provides Yes or No as to whether or not the meeting has been finalized.
- Add = Enter new meeting information.
- Edit = Change meeting information.
- Delete = Remove meeting information.
NOTE: The stewardship amount is now updated as gifts are entered or modified post meeting finalization to the Meeting List viewing area.
Point and double click the specific meeting you would like to view and the following screen appears:
This screen will allow you to view the details of the Corps Meeting. Each meeting will have the following information entered on it:
- Meeting Type = This is the category that the meeting falls into. It corresponds to the Line and Definitions manual that you use for Statistics. These are Nationally defined.
- Attendance Group = This is a category that represents an option code also associated with the Line and Definitions manual that you use for Statistics. These are Eastern Territory defined and may even be division/unit specific.
- Meeting Title = This is a text field that represents the name of the meeting, as the Corps knows it.
- When = This is a date that the meeting is held.
- Location Name = This is the specific location where the meeting is held. If all meetings are held at the Corps building, it can say "Corps Building" or if the Corps wishes to indicate the specific room, that can be entered as well. Discretion is up to the Corps.
- Street Address
- City, State & Zip
NSS Stats = Enter the total stats for each category for this particular meeting type:
- Volunteers = total number of volunteers worked at this meeting
- Volunteer Hours - total number of volunteer hours worked at this meeting
- Meals Served = total number of meals served at this meeting
- Snacks Provided - total number of snacks provided at this meeting
- Persons Transported = total number of individuals requiring transportation to/from this meeting
- Gifts Distributed = total number of gifts distributed at this meeting
- Show recurrence schedule = pop-ups the meeting repeats schedule as well as two additional choices of "Show NSS lines" and "Change this schedule."
By selecting "Change this schedule" the following screen appears, where you can modify the information. Once updates or viewing are complete, click Save and Close.
Attendance List = Those with a check-mark are people who attended the meeting
Anonymous Attendees = You may enter the total number of unknown attendees or enter zero "0"
Toggle between 'Show all corps members' and 'Only show people who are actively involved with this meeting type (And anybody who is already marked as attending).'
View/Record Stewardship = Point your mouse to this box and click to open the Record Stewardship of the selected meeting. See below for further instructions.
Record Seekers = Point your mouse to this box and the seeker list screen appears. See below for further instructions.
Add somebody to the list = Point your mouse to this box and click to open up the "First Name" and "Last Name" and click search the database. See below for further instructions.
View/Record Stewardship (continued) = the following screen appears once the View / Record Stewardship is clicked:
The following screen appears where you can enter the following:
- Edit/Delete Gift = Either Double click on the Giver name or highlight and click click Edit/Delete Gift to edit or delete the gift. See below for further instructions.
- Add Gift = here you can add donations received by a member or add a new giver. See below for further instructions.
- Finalize or Unfinalize Meeting =
1. Edit/Delete Gift = the following screen appears where you can add remarks or change the allocation amount of the donation collected to specific funds. Once you have made your adjustment, be sure to Save your work.
2. Add Gift = the following screen appears where you have the capability of the following:
View by Active givers only or Both active and inactive givers = toggle between the two options to populate the Giver drop down menu.
Select the name from the Giver drop down menu = Click the downward area and select the appropriate giver.
Add New Giver = Click the plus sign and enter the information pertaining to the new giver. See below for further instructions.
Remarks = enter information regarding the donation (i.e., the donor specified they would like their donation to be applied to the Band).
Add New Giver (continued) = The following screen appears providing the opportunity to enter the following: Title; Lookup Name; Mailing Name; Street Address; City, State, Zip; Cartridge Number and Email address. The more detailed the information the more accurate and complete donation letter can be generated for the Giver. Be sure to Save your work.
Once your work is saved the following screen appears where you can enter Remarks and allocate their donation accordingly. Be sure to Save your work.
Once saved, the Giver name will then appear in the Stewardship listing. Click Save again to ensure your work is recorded.
Record Seekers (continued) = the following screen appears providing the Seeker list information.
Add somebody to the list (continued) = If the individual is NOT located, the following pop-up box appears:
Click Yes, to proceed to the next screen:
- Enter the criteria and click Save.
- The individual then populates to the Attendance List.
Add somebody to the list (continued) = If the individual IS located, the following pop-up box appears, select Select Person.
If your search returns an individual with the same name, but is not the individual you are searching for, click New Person.
Within the next screen, you may update and save the new individual:
NOTE: If you have entered a new meeting entry or have made changes to a meeting entry, please be sure to save your work.