Read Receipts and Delivery Notifications in Outlook
This article will hep you draft emails with the Read Receipt option.
- On the File menu, select Options>Mail.
- Under Tracking, select the Delivery receipt confirming the message was delivered to the recipient's e-mail server or Read receipt confirming the recipient viewed the message check box.
Tip: As a best practice, consider tracking only single messages of importance instead of all messages. Recipients who occasionally receive a notification that a read receipt is requested on your message are more likely to send a read receipt than if they are prompted every time that they receive a message from you.
3. Click OK to apply your changes.
Track a single message
1. In a new email message, on the Options menu, in the Tracking group, select the Request a Delivery Receipt check box or the Request a Read Receipt check box.
2. Compose your email and click Send.
Track receipt responses
- Open the original message that you sent with a request for a delivery or read receipt. This message is usually located in the Sent Items folder.
- On the Message tab, in the Show group, choose Tracking.
Note: Tracking doesn't appear until at least one receipt has been received. After you receive the first receipt in your Inbox, it might take several minutes before the Tracking button is available.