How to Recover Deleted Messages in Outlook
When you accidentally delete an item from your Outlook mailbox, you can often recover it. The first place to look is the Deleted Items or Trash folders. Search for the item you want, then right-click it and select Move>Other Folder.
If you can't find an item in the Deleted Items folder, the next place to look is the Recoverable Items folder. This is a hidden folder, and it's the place where items are moved when you do one of the following things:
- Delete an item from the Deleted Items folder.
- Empty the Deleted Items folder.
- Permanently delete an item by selecting it and pressing Shift+Delete.
Read on to recover these items.
1. In Outlook, go to your email folder list, and then click Deleted Items.
2. Make sure Home is selected at the top, left-hand corner, and then click Recover Deleted Items From Server.
3. Select the item you want to recover, click Restore Selected Items, and then click OK.
When you recover items from the Recoverable Items folder, they are moved to the Deleted Items folder. So after you recover an item, you can find it in your Deleted Items folder and then move it to another folder.