Create and Send an Email in Outlook
How to create and send an email in Outlook:
Choose New Email to start a new message.
Enter a name or email address in the To, Cc, or Bcc field.
The first time you send an email to a recipient you will need to look up their name in the Global Address book or manually type in their email address.
To look up a Salvation Army employee email address, click the To within the new email.
The following screen appears and verify that Global Address List is reflected in the Address Book drop-down menu.
Note: The Global Address List is set up as first name, last name. The search is conducted either by the first name or the first and last name together. The system does not allow you to search by last name.
To set your main address list to default to the Global Address list, complete the following steps:
- On the Home tab, in the Find group, click Address Book
- Tools > Options
- When opening the address book show this address list first, select Global Address List by clicking the pull-down menu
- Click OK
In Subject, type the subject of the email message.
Place the cursor in the body of the email message, and then start typing.
After typing your message, choose Send.
To get someone's attention within the body of the email the tool @mentions is accessible by following the below:
- In the body of the email message or calendar invite, enter the @ symbol and the first few letters of the contact's first or last name.
- When Outlook offers you one or more suggestions, choose the contact you want to mention.
- By default, their full name is included. You can delete a portion of the mention, for example, everything other than the person's first name.
- The mentioned contact is added to the To line of the email or the meeting invite as well.