How to enable Out of Office in Outlook
Outlook gives you the option to send automated messages on your behalf when you are not available. This article will show you how to set it up when you plan to be out of the office.
1. Click the File tab, and then click the Info tab in the menu.
2. Click Automatic Replies (Out of Office).
3. In the Automatic Replies dialog box, select the Send Automatic Replies check box.
4. If you want to specify a set time and date range, select the Only send during this time range checkbox. Then set the Start time, and then set theEnd time.
5. In the Inside my organization tab, type the message that you want to send within your organization, and in the Outside my organization tab, type the message that you want to send outside your organization.
6. Click OK.
7. If you selected the "Only send during this time range" option in step 4, the Automatic Replies (Out of Office) feature will continue to run until the date and time set for the End Time in step 5 is reached.
- Otherwise, the Automatic Replies (Out of Office) will continue to run until you repeat step 1 and select the "Do not send automatic replies" option.